Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is it legal to drive students home?

Can educators drive a 10 year old student home without parent permission? My daughter did not have a ride home from school and the teacher would not let her call me at home. It is a long story, but the bottom line is that the teacher said she would either take her home herself, or get another parent to do it after choir practice. My husband and I are NOT okay with her driving home with anybody we do not know. It is my understanding that teachers have to go through the proper legal paperwork to take kids in their car. Is this true? Where are my legal rights as a parent when it comes to telling this teacher it is not okay for her to send my daughter home with another parent, and the teacher tells me that that it is then okay for my daughter to be kicked out of choir?

No comments:

Post a Comment