Monday, July 18, 2011

If she lives with her boyfriend does she have to pay child support?

At the last court hearing I got custody of our two kids that she was willing to give up. She lives with her beau, she doesn't pay child support but I pay her $450 a month for maintenance and she's asking for more!! For her visitation she comes over with her boyfriend's car to pick up the kids and I'm sure that she maintains her for the most part because she's not working as far as I know. I gave her $10K to move out and she's expecting much more. She lives in a much bigger house than the 3 of us, and I'm afraid that one day she'll file for change of custody (bigger house, another partner). For the last year and a half she has abandoned the family for over 120 days and many late nights for yet another beau overseas. I work full time as an educator, take care of the kids, and she doesn't follow the visitation schedule for the kids. How can I put an end to this maintenance and collect child support to move to a bigger house? My lawyer tells me that I have to wait at least a year to ask for child support even though I have been paying her for a year while she lived in the the same house and I was paying for everything else too. She just moved out 2 months ago. The previous beau was so upset that I didn't let her relocate with the kids overseas that he started sending me lewd pics and love letters. All these things seem not to matter in court but she gave up the kids anyway. Do I have any chances of collecting child support and at the same time does she have a chance of regaining custody?

No comments:

Post a Comment