Sunday, July 10, 2011

Salt water chlorinated pool care- water quality and by products?

I just opened an above the ground salt water chlorinated pool, 8600 gallon pool, intex pool running the intex salt water chlorinator with copper ion. I have taken samples of my water to my local pool supply store. They don't seem very knowledgeable about the correct levels and contradict what the directions say. Can anyone give me pointers or tips? I have added stabilizer and the alkalinity is perfect. The water tastes quite salty. I have run the SWC 10 hours every day. I am thinking this might be too much? The pool store does not agree there should be any level of copper, but the directions say there should be a small amount of copper to combat the algae, correct? Also I pulled the cover back to look in the pool and I think I got a chemical burn to the edge of the color of my eyeball. So now I am very worried about the water stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment