Sunday, July 10, 2011

Should I switch majors to education, my "true calling"?

Ok in high school I have wanted to be an EMT so after I graduated I took the EMT class in college, didn't do so well there so i switched to fire science and even though I did better my parents think that I am not that into it and I have been always pushed for education. Also every one of those dang career tests I took during college orientation, high school, and sixth grade all point that I should be in education and all my teachers and relatives say that I'd make a good educator. So it is apparently my "true calling" so should I go for it? I know that I'll have to graduate a year behind my high school class if I do, plus I would have to catch up on core classes, and I dont know what my scholarship donors would think of the second change of major. Also I have noticed many teachers hate their job and some just work for a year than get budget cutted out. but I am good at it, I've tutored kindergarteners in high school, I'm an assistant scoutmaster of a boy scout troop, and like I said before, all the tests say I should. So would it be the right decision for me to switch?

No comments:

Post a Comment